Episode 56 | The Mess of Human Feelings and Building BusinessIn this episode of the Messy Back-End of Entrepreneurship, our Expert, Angela Henderson, Business Coach, shares about the importance of human to human marketing when you are trying to grow your business.
“At the end of the day people won’t remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
Therapist l Coach l Writer
How can I use my marketing to grow my business?
Angela highly recommends human to human marketing. Human to human marketing pertains to the experience and interaction that one faces with a particular brand. It is important to have both the experience and interaction pieces.
Human to Human Marketing
A big component of what businesses are missing right now is how they are making people feel. Businesses need to think of how they can inject human to human marketing in their own brand.
Check out the book The Go-Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann. In the book, they talk about creating value first, touching peoples’ lives, building networks, being real and ultimately you are going to become profitable. Through the go giver sales process you are having multiple experiences and interactions and people can feel the energy and that you actually care about them.
Ways to implement human to human marketing in your brand
- Pick up the phone
- Make the call and the connection
- Offering a free 15-minute call to new connections can make you stand out amongst the competition
- Conduct your own discovery calls. Your team can support you in other ways, but this is a great way to find out if you are a good fit.
- Send new clients a personalized gift in the mail to welcome them.
It’s important to have multiple touchpoints to create that experience and interaction.
Benefits of human to human marketing:
- Showing your unique point of differences.
- People are less likely to ask for a refund because they have a personal connection.
- Client retention is higher because they now have an emotional connection with you.
- Long term these clients become your marketing through referrals.
Conversations = Conversions
Often people are scared to have those conversations, but if you are willing to have those conversations the conversions will ultimately come.
People love the personal touch like a hand-written card or small gift and these can be simple and automated.
If you don’t make your customers feel special and validated you are going to lose them to a company that does.