Episode 42 | Hiring Speakers Can Be a Mess
In this episode of the Messy Back-End of Entrepreneurship, our Expert, Dolores Hirschmann, Coach, shares her advice on how to find speakers and find the very best of the best without all the work.
“Gaining knowledge is the first step to wisdom. Sharing it is the first step to humanity.” – Anonymous
Coach | Strategist
Where do I start looking for speakers for my next upcoming event?
There are a lot of people out there with great content ready to rock your event.
There are a couple of ways to find speakers:
- Create a Google form with questions to qualify your speaker. If someone takes the time to fill out your form, they are more likely to actually show up at your event.
- Go to social media first. Post your form on your social media. Dolores recommends LinkedIn, but you can do Facebook as well.
- Look for speaking or speaker groups on Facebook to find groups that gather speakers. Make sure you have prequalifying information on your post and be specific.
- Make them work for it! Everyone wants everything, but very few are willing to actually work for it.
- You have the upper hand, so don’t compromise quality and be clear in your intention.
- Speaker Hub has a database of speakers.
- Create a running dream list of speakers. When you are looking for speakers reach out to them on LinkedIn. The answer is always no if you don’t ask.
Dolores’ Offer: “Stand Out the TED Way: Be Seen & Grow Your Business” eBook Download